Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: unusual situation birth control spotting, possible pregnancy

uwaitulose - Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:47 pm

my period started jan 5th i wanted to stop it by the 9th for personal reasons and took about 3 pills per 3 days it stopped the 9th .. i didnt take any pills again till the 12th because i was spotting, i took 3 more that night and didnt take any more... i on and off for 2 weeks till the 23rd when i took 3 more, i had unprotected sex and all that that entails sunday morning around 2 am the 25th is it possible im pregnant? we don't want to get excited if its unlikely
 uwaitulose - Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm

i mean I spotted on and off for 2 weeks...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:21 pm

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like you were on a hormonal roller coaster this month so anything is possible. You will just have to wait it out and see if you get symptoms or a positive test. If you are excited to become pregnant, stop taking the pills completely.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us