Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: when do i ovulate

shylrr25 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:12 pm

i know they say two weeks before and two weeks after but how do u really know when u stop is it when u bleed really light or when there is absolutly no blood im not really sure i calculate and im still not pregnant im not sure what to do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:18 pm

User avatar Hello,
There is a huge variability with the timing of ovulation. This is why when using contraception we use it every day, every time - pregnancy can occur when you least expect it but for most women with regular cycles of 26 to 32 days between period starts, it occurs sometime between 8 days and 19 days (start counting on the first day of your period). Some women become very in tune with their bodies and can determine ovulation by the change in their discharge. It becomes more noticeable and thick around ovulation. Aside from that, the best thing to do is just continue to have regular sexual intercourse at least every other day, especially between these times if you are regular, and wait. In most healthy young women, conception occurs within a year but anything short of that is not considered a problem.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us