Question: I keep throwing up after sex and oral sex

anotherbrkendream - Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 pm

for the last 3 yrs or so after sex and after receiving oral sex, I end up throwing up and feeling nausea for at least an hour. It's not a rare occasion it happens everytime. My girlfriend tells me to go to the doctors but I refuse to go and spend the money also because I am embarassed. Its to the point now where my girlfriend will not have sex with me or give me oral sex because of the throwing up. What is wrong with me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 06, 2009 5:36 pm

She is right about you seeing a doctor or perhaps a mental health therapist who might be able to help you uncover some deep-seated emotional origins. It seems unlikely to me to be physical in nature if it only occurs at this time.

I know it is difficult to talk about these things but an exam to rule out some kind of physical disorder and history-taking interview is essential.