Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: I keep throwing up after sex and oral sex

anotherbrkendream - Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 pm

for the last 3 yrs or so after sex and after receiving oral sex, I end up throwing up and feeling nausea for at least an hour. It's not a rare occasion it happens everytime. My girlfriend tells me to go to the doctors but I refuse to go and spend the money also because I am embarassed. Its to the point now where my girlfriend will not have sex with me or give me oral sex because of the throwing up. What is wrong with me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 06, 2009 5:36 pm

User avatar Hello,
She is right about you seeing a doctor or perhaps a mental health therapist who might be able to help you uncover some deep-seated emotional origins. It seems unlikely to me to be physical in nature if it only occurs at this time.

I know it is difficult to talk about these things but an exam to rule out some kind of physical disorder and history-taking interview is essential.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us