Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Lubricant Gel Effect

phoekwar - Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi Sir,

I would like to know one thing. My name is Phoekwar and I am 31, married.
Now I want to start my family plan and try to get a baby. We try start from previous month but we have no chance to get baby. Now my wife start manstration ready.

One thing i want to know is, every time we make sex with my wife, we used lubricant gel such as "durax". This gel is effect or not for having a baby?

Please explain me this gel is really effect or not. We should use or not to have a baby?

Thanks for your kind suggestion

Phoekwar
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:33 pm

User avatar Hello
Durex is merely for lubrication purposes; not contraception so you are fine to use it while trying to conceive. Be patient because it can take up to a year for normal, sexually active, fertile couples to achieve pregnancy. Of course it can take less time or more but 85% will become pregnant during the year.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us