Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: implantation bleeding or period

malihoneyz - Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:21 am

Hi,
Me and my husband are TTC and i ovulated on the 7th of march and was suppose to get my period on the 21. then the following day i thought i had my period but it was lighter like bright red with a bit of pink discharge and only lasted 2.5 days, usually my period lasts for 5 days. the only symptoms i am getting is food craving, mild cramps and nothing more. So i wanted to know if this is implantation bleeding, when can i take a pregnancy test and if not what is up with my cycle this month?

thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 pm

User avatar Hello,
The only way to determine implantation bleeding vs period is by taking a pregnancy test which can be done within a few days after your expected period or 9 to 10 days after ovulation. Sometimes you get a false negative and so a repeat test is recommended a week later if you still haven't had a period that would rule out pregnancy.

Good luck with your efforts.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us