Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: implantation bleeding or period

malihoneyz - Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:21 am

Hi,
Me and my husband are TTC and i ovulated on the 7th of march and was suppose to get my period on the 21. then the following day i thought i had my period but it was lighter like bright red with a bit of pink discharge and only lasted 2.5 days, usually my period lasts for 5 days. the only symptoms i am getting is food craving, mild cramps and nothing more. So i wanted to know if this is implantation bleeding, when can i take a pregnancy test and if not what is up with my cycle this month?

thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 pm

User avatar Hello,
The only way to determine implantation bleeding vs period is by taking a pregnancy test which can be done within a few days after your expected period or 9 to 10 days after ovulation. Sometimes you get a false negative and so a repeat test is recommended a week later if you still haven't had a period that would rule out pregnancy.

Good luck with your efforts.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us