Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Left breast cyst

EmmBear - Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:46 pm

I was diagnosed with FCBD when I was 18. I have been using NuvaRing for almost a year now. The past couple months my left breast has hurt very bad and sharp. I can barely stand to wear a bra when it is bad. It has always been my left one, but not this bad. It hurts around to my back, over my shoulder (can't carry my purse). I have watched my caffeine intake and started Vitamin E. It hurts constantly, but is worse the week before my period. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I know this is a very frustrating condition.

In addition to the measures you are taking, birth control pills may be prescribed because they often decrease the symptoms. In severe cases, danazol my be prescribed (a steroid which has androgen like effects such as hirsutism, acne, adema and voice changes) if the potential benefits outweigh the potential negative effects. Tamoxifen is occasionally used in severe cases.

So there are some other avenues for you to try so you should be in regular contact with your doctor.