Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Wondering if ultrasound is as accurate in first 9 weeks

sweetocean - Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 am

Hello, I had what i thought to be my period on November 2, 2008. I had an ultrasound done at 9 weeks 5 days on January 8, 2009. The ultrasound says i CONCIEVED on October 29, 2008 and that i was 9 weeks 5 days. Thats 4 days before my period. My doctor said that must have not been a real period and i don't think so either cause i bleed for 7 days and yes people do bleed that long but not me i never bleed that long only FIVE days its gone the 5th day totelly gone always in the 27 years i have been living. My measurements of the ultrasound done at 9 weeks 5 days are this... The uterus measures 13.1 cm in length. Crown rump length measures 2.92cm. The mean sac diameter measures 4.28cm. ok the story is i was indeed with someone the last week of October and then we broke up. Then i wasn't with anyone else till november 16th or 17th i ddi sleep with someone at that time. I then went to doctors and got a pregnancy test done on december 2 and it had really strong pregancy results. the nurse even joked and said maybe your having twins. is it posible that the guy in november 16 or 17 got me pregnant or is the ultrasound at 9 weeks the whole truth? and i got pregnant october 29th my concieve date? by the way my due date is August 5th according to my ultrasound at 9 weeks 5 days. thanks soooo much for taking the time to help me this means sooo much i have been worried for many months who could be the father. I hate not knowing.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm

An ultrasound for gestational dating is considered very accurate within five days, as early as six weeks into the pregnancy. I would believe the results and accept the late October conception date.