Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: severe Abdominal pain after I orgasm

badegg - Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi, I am writing this for my Girlfriend.

we have been having sex for awhile now she is 17 years old.

last night we were having sex and i was on top, everythign was fine.

then she got on top, everythign was fine. then she orgasmed.

she got off and as i was about to get back on top, she stopped and said she could move. i had to carry her back in to her house and all the next day and the night of the sex she couldnt move. she llayed in her bed and any movement hurt.

any suggestions?

is it pregnancy?

thanks, jack.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
I really don't know the cause of the pain but if it is related to pregnancy from a previous sexual encounter I don't see any reason why orgasm would affect it. in fact, pain is not a typical symptom of pregnancy unless it is ectopic and then I would not see it coming on suddenly after sex. However, because it is serious, a pregnancy test would let you know if that might be the case and ongoing, severe pain should always be checked out. There are causes of pain such as ovarian cysts and endometriosis but the only way to know would be to see a health care provider.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us