Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: masterbation

sanit - Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:43 am

hi, i am 21 rears old. i am masterbation since i was 15 years old. is it bad? am i doing wrong with my life? i am a student.
please tell me what will be the problems if i won't stop masterbating.
when i was 16- 17, then sometimes i masterbate 3 times a day. why is it so?
is it a deciese or what. please suggest me, should i stop it, if yes then please tell me how. b,cos now i have control on my self very much but even then i can't stop my self after 2-3 days to masterbate.
please suggest me something. what i have to do.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:35 pm

User avatar From a purely medical point of view (not religious or ethical), long term complications associated with excessive masturbation are not clear. Conditioning caused by unique or atypical masturbation patterns have been associated with delayed ejaculation in some men. Like anything else it is best not to do anything excessively. If you decide to abstain then it all depends on the strength of your motivation to do so.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us