Forum Name: Fertility

Question: HELP Please..:( I want to be pregnant - Uterine Hypoplasia

dhanashah - Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:15 am

I was diagnosed with Amenorrhea Primer and in 1999 - i went to see a doc since i was 17 at that time and never bleed once. Scan result showed normal and he gave me a hormone (tablet) which eventually fruitless.

I didn't think much of my sickness since my doc mentioned i am 'normal'. However, in 2007 i wanted to get married and have a child. I went to see another doc and she mentioned that she cannot see any normal uterus and prescribed me birth control pill and she said that after i finished up the oral contraceptives pills i would eventually bleed. Result? Nothing...

Then after i got married, i went to another doc and she ask me to go for pelvic MRI and from the result - they mentioned something about Ovaries and Uterus Hypoplasia / Agenesis??

I really want to have my own child. I have all the secondary characteristic apart from the period. I have no problem during sex. Is the any way for me to really know whether i am have a uterine hypoplasia of no uterus at all. Please help me.

Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 pm

The scan should be quite reliable so it sounds like you need a better explanation of exactly what was seen so try to schedule a consultation appointment with your doctor to discuss the findings. If this is not possible or even by choice to give you more confidence, seek a second opinion so you know what your options are and you won't have unrealistic expectations.

If it is confirmed that you cannot have a child naturally, you can still find great joy in adoption so you may want to start the process - at least learn about it, check out some online support groups where you can talk to other adoptive parents about their experience. You could also consider becoming a foster parent, which can lead to adoption options after you are able to see how you feel in loving even an older child. Another rarer and expensive option would be surrogate motherhood where another woman bears a child for you, using your own egg and sperm from your husband, resulting in your own genetic offspring.

But, if you are able to adjust to the idea of adoption, you may find it to be the wonderful experience you are hoping for; just a different pathway to that joy.

dhanashah - Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for response. :)

I really appreciate it. I was hoping that I am diagnosed with Hypoplasia not agenesis. But still; thank you for the opinion - we will start considering an adoption.

Thank you.
 nas1 - Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:59 pm

hi, i i went to see a chinese herbal lady and she checked my pulse and my tongue and said i had a cold womb? I have heavy periods and blood clots for the first 2/3 days of my period, my periods are 26 to 28days normally and i have severe cramps etc. She said my womb was cold and thats why the blood clots where trying to come out. She gave me some herbal small tablets to take for the next two weeks. It makes sense what she was telling me, as me and my husband have been trying to conceive for the past year now, and have been unsucessful. Do you think its because i have a cold womb and the wrong temperature for the embryo to grow?

Look forward to your reply, 24 years old/female.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:31 am

I'm afraid I am not trained in Chinese herbal medicine so I really cannot advise you on this. Cold uterus is a term I am not familiar with. I know that alternative medicine such as herbal therapy can be helpful in many cases but my training is in traditional medicine and this is a diagnosis in Chinese medicine. Along with the treatment your herbalist has prescribed, morning hours (if not too stressful) are the optimal time for conception to occur. According to this, you should try to decrease your stress and plan intercourse for the morning hours if possible. If your evenings are less stressful, however, that might be better since stress can counter your efforts.

Clotting and heavy menstrual flow are both considered normal and many women experience this even in absence of any fertility issues.

Best of luck in your efforts.