Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: black dischage during sex.

kelseygrl89 - Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 am

I'm 20 years old, My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a year now, after our visit with a doctor he advised us to got home and try. I had just ended a 2 week period, and while having sex i got this dark red/black rotten smelling discharge. We tried again the next few days each time it happened. before the two week period i had missed a cycle. I'm not the type of person to go to the doctor for every little problem, so i don't want to go to the doctor for no reason. Is this something i should go to the doctor for or will it pass by.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:17 pm

Chances are this will resolve and is mostly old blood which was not evacuated with the last period, perhaps was pooled in the uterus. Sometimes this is released with the contractions of the uterus that can occur with sex. You may be having some hormonal issues that are causing some irregular periods but I doubt this is anything to worry about. Of course if it continues, you will want to be checked just to be sure.