Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Male Hormone Amplifiers

Shelia63 - Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:29 pm

My husband and I are trying to concieve a child. He is taking T-Bomb II for body building. Is this a safe product to use when trying to get pregnant? Will it alter his sprem in any way or cause a birth defect in the child? Please advise
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 pm

When it comes to effects on sperm production and quality, very little is known. We do know there are approximately 3-5% of all babies born with birth defects. Many of these are of unknown causes and could be related to the father. There may be a combination of factors that contribute to problems - genetic, environmental, etc.

When it comes to hormones there is always the potential for an adverse effect. The truth is, there is much we don't know. It seems like it would be worth it to be cautious and avoid any risky exposures while you are working at a pregnancy. The supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA so we know even less about all the side effects of those.

Good luck in your efforts.