Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Testical Discomfort

needle - Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:15 am

Hi

I'm experiencing a swollen gland / tube running from the left testical. It tends to pain a little every now and again. The testical itself seems to be smaller than the right hand one. The "tube" itself does not seem to be sore, but is sensitive where it joins the testical, even though the testical is not sore. Please advise

Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:53 pm

User avatar Hello,

I hope you are feeling better by now.

Generally speaking, there are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

I can't be sure but the tube you are describing could be a hernia. Did you get it checked out?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us