Question: Lump on my scrotum

boo.boo - Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:52 pm

For some months now, I have had a lump growing on the outside of my scrotum. It is about 5mm in diameter, appears to be filled with a fluid, but is not painful.

More recently another one seems to be developing on another part of the scrotum.

Any ideas as to what this is please?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:50 am

User avatar Hi boo.boo,
Is the lump on the skin of the scrotum or in the testicle itself? If it is on the skin itself this may indicate a sebaceous cyst (a swelling of the oil gland in the skin). Remember any testicular lump causes concern and requires attention by your family physician to rule out any serious causes. I would suggest an evaluation be done.
 NikkyLeClair - Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:40 am

He started with one small lump, and now has a new one. He has seen a urologist who confirms that they are just sebaceous cysts. One notible complaint from these cysts is an occasional stabbing pain on that side. Hope this helps ease your concerns, I know we were terrified that he could have cancer, since testicular cancer runs in his family.

Nikky, RN