Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Breast discharge, please help me.

 angelseeingred - Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:18 pm

Hello, Im sorry if this is the wrong forum but i didnt know where else to ask. Basically this problem has been going on a couple of years.
The area around my nipple leaks, when this happens it is very sore and the only thing I can do is put tissue on it.Then it dries. After this it sticks intself to whatever material it is touching. Removing this can draw blood and is extremely painful. Then it scabes over. Then eventually heals. After a while the process will start again. Its painful, I have been to the doctors to ask their advice and each time they have advised Hydrocortisone cream. I use, it helps a little but doesnt stop the problem, plus I can only use it for a maximum of 7 days. Im 19 and not pregnant, so that rules out those variations.
I would really apprecaite any help or advice on this as my doctors have not been very useful and with Uni and work i cant find the time to visit them again.
If u can help, let me know, thanks for reading this,
 DonnaMac - Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:42 pm

My friend has been going through the same thing for ten years. Finally at her last GYN appointment (with a new doctor) they showed some concern. They did some tests and an ultrasound. I do believe everything came back okay but she is on some kind of meds. I'm not a doctor but I just realy felt like I should let you know that you are not the only one this happens to. Hopefully everything will turn out okay for you. Change doctors and insist on getting an ultrasound and or any tests you need to.
 angelseeingred - Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:52 am

Thank you for your advice Donna.
 lynette1122 - Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:10 pm

my (non-professional) thoughts... could it be a hormonal problem? Have your doctors tested your levels??? If it doesn't happen all time.. think about when it does occur like perhaps right after you ovulate?
 angelseeingred - Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:26 pm

thanks for your reply, I havn´t had these levels tested. Also there seems to be no pattern to when it happens, its very random. Thanks again. Im going to book an appointment at my docs very soon.
 jaime4297 - Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:46 pm


What color is the discharge? I had this happen to me a fw years ago. I was getting clear sometimes yellowish discharge out of my breast and I went got all the tet done and here it was all hormone related. It has gone away and I haven;t ahd any problems since. I would seriously go ask them directly to check your hormone levels with a simple blood test.

good luck
 angelseeingred - Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:35 pm

Thank you for your reply,
it is a yellow discharge, I went to see the doctor a few days ago, and he still insists its a form of excema. So im using a few creams which seem be working, im a bit apprehensive as once it removes the problem surely it wont guarantee it doesnt return in a few months.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us