Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Question regarding Estradiol and Progesterone Levels

hoping2009 - Fri May 08, 2009 7:32 pm

I am post ovulation. Taking a serum blood pregnancy test May 15th.

Today my Estradiol level was 870 and my progesterone level was 31.5.

I am currently doing progesterone suppositories. I started my cycle with Follistim 75 then increased to 150 and then 225 for two days. I had a 20 mm follicle on left and 17 mm on right.

Based on the bloodwork today, can you tell if I might be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 20, 2009 6:56 pm

Pregnancy is diagnosed by rising hcg levels and you really can't determine if you are until you can do that type of test. Your hormones can show positive positioning for conception but no guarantee it has occurred. There are lots of factors at play here and until the egg is fertilized and successfully implants you really cannot predict the outcome. Good luck with your efforts.

abass - Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:40 pm

i am 31 years old, married and want to get pregnant, in the last 2 years i noticed that i get my period more frequently, like every 21 days , i just had a progesterone test done ,it was 0.7. what's my situation?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:39 pm

The levels vary from woman to woman and it depends on when in the cycle this one occurred. I would say this would be a low level and a good pregnancy outcome is usually associated with higher levels (>8). If you do need supplementation this would begin right away once you become pregnant so you need to be in touch with your doctor as you try to conceive. If you have experienced losses in the past that you suspect may be related to low progesterone, this would be especially important.

The frequency of your periods usually relates to when you ovulate so you probably ovulate earlier than the 14th day of the cycle.

I hope this answers your question.