Question: spinal cord injury and erection

amd87 - Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:28 pm

Hello. i am 17 years old and i had a spinal cord injury at the age of 15. ive progressed from a wheelchair to walking with crutches and being able to take some independent steps on my own. ever since the injury, ive had trouble getting an erection and when i get one, i have trouble maintaining it. ive had a couple of orgasms since the injury but they havnet been great. is there anything i can do about this? and do u think it will be easier to reach orgasm when i am with a woman?

andy
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:17 am

User avatar Hi amd87,
It sounds as though you have made considerable advances which should be very encouraging. It is very possible for men to be sexually active after a spinal cord injury, of course depending on where the injury is in the spinal cord. Here are a couple of websites for you to view some different options if in the event being intimate with a partner isn't what you expect.
Link 1
Link 2
(Go to health information and click on s)
I sincerely hope you continue to improve. Thank you for using https://www.doctorslounge.com