Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: spinal cord injury and erection

amd87 - Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:28 pm

Hello. i am 17 years old and i had a spinal cord injury at the age of 15. ive progressed from a wheelchair to walking with crutches and being able to take some independent steps on my own. ever since the injury, ive had trouble getting an erection and when i get one, i have trouble maintaining it. ive had a couple of orgasms since the injury but they havnet been great. is there anything i can do about this? and do u think it will be easier to reach orgasm when i am with a woman?

andy
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:17 am

User avatar Hi amd87,
It sounds as though you have made considerable advances which should be very encouraging. It is very possible for men to be sexually active after a spinal cord injury, of course depending on where the injury is in the spinal cord. Here are a couple of websites for you to view some different options if in the event being intimate with a partner isn't what you expect.
Link 1
Link 2
(Go to health information and click on s)
I sincerely hope you continue to improve. Thank you for using https://www.doctorslounge.com
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us