Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Peyronnie's disease or natural curvature?

Snuck - Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:37 pm

I am in my early 20s and cant remember if I don't think my penis was every really straight.

However, I have a curve of maybe around 45 degrees or so half way up my penis which faced upwards. It is rather prominent but give me no trouble in penetration.

I was concerned a little about Peyronnie's disease so I had an ultra sound on it around 2 years ago but they found no plaque and therefore said it was not Peyronnie's.

I don't really have any pain although if I tense my kegal muscles (in a way that makes my penis move without touching it) then it can hurt a little on the top where the bent begins, but im not in severe pain when have erections or anything.

Also I believe the area around the curvature is thinner in a kind of hour glass shape (although not as drastic of course and I would say this is most evident in stage between flacid and erect) and perhaps shorter (like its sucked in/eaten away). I suppose you could call this a kind of indentation (which I heard is a symptom). But my curve is also evident when the penis is flacid - for example if I pull the foreskin back from the base of the shaft - if this has any bearing on whether its natural or not.

In its current condition of curvature I am not too fussed however, would be concerned if the thinning was a result of Peyronnie's rather than natural curvature and I would hate to think that it is eating away at my penis so to speak.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 pm

User avatar Since you have already done an ultrasound,it is most likely that you are more stressed than anything else.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us