Question: Is this Peyronie's Disease?

Snuck - Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:01 pm

I have a curve in my penis. Although in my early 20s I cant really remember if it is worse than before. It bends upwards, around half to two thirds of the way up my penis. The curve is rather extreme (maybe 45 degress I cant really tell) but hasn't hampered intercourse thus far.

I can't feel any bump and 2 years ago I had a urologist do an ultra scan on the area of the curve and they found no plague.

The area around the curve when in a semi erect state particularly (and to a lesser state when flacid) is thinner and feels somewhat sucked in a bit like it has been eaten away long ways to (almost like an hour glass effect) and when I peel the foreskin back the curve/indentation is present when flacid to an extent.

I feel no real pain other than if I stress the kegal muscles in a way that the penis moves when erect it can be slightly tender around the curve however nothing drastic otherwise (unless the penis has had continous vigorous/repeated action over a small space of time) the it mignt be a little tender.

Does this sounds like Peyronie's - Should I be worried about this eating the tissue or anything?

Perhaps I maybe had a bout in the past and this is what it has left?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
 syed mujtaba hassan - Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:24 am

hi snuck,
peyronie's though found in only 1-4% of male population can commonly be confused with cogenital normal curvature of penis which is found in much higher percentage of males and is perfectly normal . though in both conditions penis can crossly be described as slightly curved but the curve in congenital deviation is not that marked in shaft and there is only a a deveation of penis from diraction thats directly forward. this cure also gets a bit masked when erection is achieved while in peyrinie's the things move other way around.
as far as i understand a fibrous plaque in the shaft that may feel like a hard cord or an elongated small lump is a must for diagnnosis of peyronie's. In addition, narrowing and or shortening of the penis may occur. Pain felt in the early stages of the disease often resolves in twelve to eighteen months. Erectile dysfunction, in varying degrees, often accompanies these symptoms in the later stages of the disease process. The condition may also make sexual intercourse painful and/or difficult, though many men report satisfactory intercourse in spite of the disease.
the best thing that i can advise u is to seek out a urologist who specializes in Peyronie's Disease, as the disease and its current treatments are not well understood by general practitioners or family doctors.
don't take it lightly as in about one third of the patients can develop fibrosis in other elastic tissues of the body, such as on the hand or foot causing various contractures of hands or feet and if u r a caucasion the incidence is even higher.
once u get it properly diagnosed medical science does offer various management orients of this disease and about one tenth of cases can even improve sponateously . as last resort however surgery can be performed to cure the curvature .