Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: What is the longest u can wait to take a Plan B pill?

keith714 - Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi i recently encountered a problem after intercourse..i noticed the condom slipped off inside my girlfriend and there was sperm inside of her after we took it out..this happened on july 29th these are the questions i have

can she get pregnant if the sperm was like barelly an inch or less inside?
and
Is it too late to take a plan b pill and when is that longest u can wait to take it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:31 pm

User avatar Hello,
Plan B is effective up to five days after unprotected intercourse. It is most effective the earlier it is taken. Sperm can travel even if it is in the lower part of the vagina, though it would be more difficult for sure. And every unprotected encounter does not result in pregnancy. It would only be if she were ovulating about that time. So, it is probable she will not become pregnant anyway, if it is past the time frame for emergency contraception. All things considered, this is not a likely scenario for pregnancy.

Good luck,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us