Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility


 momenpig - Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm

I have had a termination about 8 months ago. One of the main symptoms of pregnancy i got was excessive weeing. i needed the toilet all the time and when i was sleeping, it woke me up and i couldn't hold it until the morning. i would go, and then in the morning i would need the toilet again.

I had the contraceptive injection (the 12 week one) about a week ago and ever since, ive had the same symptoms - excessive weeing. I haven't had sex yet since having it as i want to make sure it has settled in. I am pretty sure that before the injection, condoms have been used but i am very worried that i may be pregnant again. I had a period that only lasted 3/4 days and it was quite light. This is when i had the injection. Now, i am spotting (as i am aware that the contraceptive injection does this). I don't know whether i am pergnant or not.

Please help...thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:17 pm

User avatar Hello,
I wonder if you have some unrelated cause for the frequent urination. Perhaps a urinary tract infection is causing this.

The only way to know if you might possibly be pregnant is if you take a test. The contraceptive injection will not affect the accuracy of the test so when in doubt, do a home test. These are usually accurate within a couple of weeks of conception.

Most likely things will resolve, unless you do have an infection but if not, you will need to see your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us