Forum Name: Fertility

Question: AM I PREGNANT - EXCESSIVE PEEING

momenpig - Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm

I have had a termination about 8 months ago. One of the main symptoms of pregnancy i got was excessive weeing. i needed the toilet all the time and when i was sleeping, it woke me up and i couldn't hold it until the morning. i would go, and then in the morning i would need the toilet again.

I had the contraceptive injection (the 12 week one) about a week ago and ever since, ive had the same symptoms - excessive weeing. I haven't had sex yet since having it as i want to make sure it has settled in. I am pretty sure that before the injection, condoms have been used but i am very worried that i may be pregnant again. I had a period that only lasted 3/4 days and it was quite light. This is when i had the injection. Now, i am spotting (as i am aware that the contraceptive injection does this). I don't know whether i am pergnant or not.

Please help...thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I wonder if you have some unrelated cause for the frequent urination. Perhaps a urinary tract infection is causing this.

The only way to know if you might possibly be pregnant is if you take a test. The contraceptive injection will not affect the accuracy of the test so when in doubt, do a home test. These are usually accurate within a couple of weeks of conception.

Most likely things will resolve, unless you do have an infection but if not, you will need to see your doctor.