Forum Name: Fertility

Question: can hpv affect my chances of pregnancy?

kimmie10469 - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 pm

i have a 3 year old daughter at my 6 week visit i was told i have hpv. i would like to know does hpv affect my chances of pregnancy?i am only 26 and been tryin for pregnancy for 8 months now.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:47 pm

No, this would not affect your fertility or conception. The most important thing is for your doctor to be aware so he/she can monitor any cervical changes that might occur.

It is normal for it to take up to a year to achieve a pregnancy when you are trying so patience is your best plan.

Most experts recommend having sex every other day while trying to conceive and especially around days 8 through 19 of your cycle (start counting on the first day of your menstrual cycle).