Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penile papule-like blisters

 ryryguy - Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:19 am

I have 5 isolated penile papule-like blisters on the shaft of my penis. They are not clustered and are very very tiny. They seem red with a whitish core that cannot be squeezed to expell purulent. The blisters do not itch and are not painful.

Incidentally, I received oral sex a week ago. I am scared it's an STD of some sort, except that my body seems to have been battling other minor illnesses recently (e.g. strep throat treated by IM antibiotic injection) and I'm not sure if it's because my immune system has been run down. Also, I spent a month out of the country as recent as a week ago.

I know STD clinics commonly check for chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc., but I don't think I have those things. I have oral herpes and this looks nothing like it (most distinguishing is that the blisters are not even in close proximity to one another).

What do you think?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:55 am

User avatar Hello,these very small penile blisters may well be superfical cysts from your description.Not STD of course,and generally considered as minor inflamation to trauma during sex or masturbation.All the same small molluscum contagiosum could look similar,caused by virus,spreads by nonsexual or sexual means.They can easily be removed by a doctor,or by cryo of a derm.Do consult,but I believe that it is nothing more than the first diagnosis mentioned.Have a good day.
 ryryguy - Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 am

I looked up pictures of molluscum contagiosum, and I think you may have diagnosed it correctly. While my "blisters" do not look like all the pictures I found, they do look like a few, and I understand there are at least 4 types of molluscum contagiosum. Thank you for giving me some type of idea of what this could be.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us