Question: is cream and lotion for premature ejculation safe to use?

ghori1232000 - Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:35 am

please i need your help.please tell me that creams and lotion for cure of premature ejaculation is safe to use.thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:05 am

I would not trust any of the promises made by online or printed ads. There are still lots of "snake oil" sales people out there and many of the claims made are not substantiated. Since I don't know which ones you refer to I can't say for certain, but if I were you, I would seek the help of your family doctor or specialist such as a urologist who would know of any effective treatments, including anything available over-the-counter. Usually the condition is treated with medication, sexual therapy and psychotherapy, often incorporating some exercises such as the squeeze technique that can help you learn to delay the ejaculation.

Most of the remedies you come upon likely contain some form of local anesthesia to decrease the sensation that lead to the premature ejaculation. This may turn out to be an outrageously expensive way to get this treatment. Alone it would not be as effective as it would be as part of a treatment plan, but it is possible it could help to some degree if that is the active ingredient.