Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: brown freckle on upper shaft

 kristakis1 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 am

Hey, just recently today I noticed that there was a brown freckle on my up shaft. I am and have been sexually active. It's slightly raised does not hurt when I scratch, does not itch, turns red when scratched lightly. Any ideas or advice?? I'm fairly positive it is not a STD.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:11 pm

User avatar Hello,What you describe is a lentigene.These are brownish spots anywhere in the body and are flush with the skin.They do not itch nor grow big.Some times one could get few more lentigenes.They are harmless and nothing to do with STD.It is always best to confirm the diagnosis with your doctor and just to rule out other similar looking problems.These are best left alone and no treatment may be required.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us