Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: obsessed with masterbation

 joecathy05 - Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:37 am

My son is mentally handicapped. He also has OCD. One of the things he obsessives over is masterbation. I think if he couldn't get a hard on and, ejaculate he would stop. Can you tell me if there is a medication that would keep him from getting hard?? Also, is there a such thing as Salt Peter? My husband said they used to issue it to all the service men who would go over seas. Please help me. I have to worry about him doing this all the time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:36 am

User avatar Hi joecathy05,
The use of saltpeter (potassium nitrate) was used by sailors to cure meat. I'm not saying that it was or has never been used for other purposes but the side effects are significant. It may cause violent stomachache, high blood pressure, anemia, kidney disease, and general weakness. I would question the intended consumption of this for any purpose. In my opinion, the direction should be geared to treatment of the OCD and this should decrease the episodes of masterbation.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us