Question: obsessed with masterbation

joecathy05 - Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:37 am

My son is mentally handicapped. He also has OCD. One of the things he obsessives over is masterbation. I think if he couldn't get a hard on and, ejaculate he would stop. Can you tell me if there is a medication that would keep him from getting hard?? Also, is there a such thing as Salt Peter? My husband said they used to issue it to all the service men who would go over seas. Please help me. I have to worry about him doing this all the time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:36 am

User avatar Hi joecathy05,
The use of saltpeter (potassium nitrate) was used by sailors to cure meat. I'm not saying that it was or has never been used for other purposes but the side effects are significant. It may cause violent stomachache, high blood pressure, anemia, kidney disease, and general weakness. I would question the intended consumption of this for any purpose. In my opinion, the direction should be geared to treatment of the OCD and this should decrease the episodes of masterbation.