Forum Name: Fertility

Question: how long could it take to get pregnant with no.2

aoifejp - Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:27 pm

I had a baby 9 mths ago. For the past 4 mths we have been trying unsuccessfully to conceive, i even used an ovulation predictor kit last mth and had sex each day both running up to and after ovulation. For the last 4 mths every second menstrual cycle has been 26 days long, the rest of the time i am 28 days. I had quite a hard birth with my first baby,( who was conceived in our first mth of trying), could this effect mychances of conceiving again. Maybe i am just over anxious. We seem to be doing everything right but still cant conceive, could there be something wrong
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 pm

The birth experience would not affect your chances of conception now. But, your body sometimes knows what is needed and becoming pregnant prior to a year postpartum is not ideal for your health so perhaps patience is what is needed while your body recovers fully from childbirth and ovulation regulates itself.