Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Red rash around penis corona

worried_guy12 - Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:39 am

Hello,
I am a 17 year old male and I have a red rash around my penis corona looks like little red pen dot size pimples and I was wondering is this something to worry about no boils or anything just the rash sometimes it burns when I urinate doesn't itch or hurt I am very worried about this I have had unprotected sex with my girl friend.And I am circumcised

Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 am

User avatar Hello,What you describe could well be monilial balanitis caused by yeast.These cause minor discomfort and itching.Treatment would be to apply antifungal cremes prescribed by your doctor.Pearly penile papules too cause similar picture but these are enlarged normal glands and need no intervention.You can get evaluated and since you had unprotected sex just to be sure.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us