Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Medications for control of sexual mis-conduct...

petepiiper - Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 am

I have a 6 year old neice on one side of my family, and a 16 year old nephew on another side. He is slightly brain damaged due to being thrown against a wall by some bullys in school when he was very young. He cannot control his sexual urges and I am asking about what medications are the best for helping him to control his mis-conduct to a point where we can once again invite both sides of our family together for events like Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc.? Is there a medication we can ask his pediatrician about?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:04 pm

User avatar Hi petepiiper,
This is a problem which should ideally be addressed by your 16 year old nephew's parents.
If they are not aware of this alleged misconduct, you must bring it to their attention immediately.They must consult his regular doctor initially.
In all probability, he may need some counselling (doctors/psychologists/social workers).
I don't think it will be appropriate for me to suggest a medication.
Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us