Question: Loss of sensitivity in skin of erogenous zones.

dataha259 - Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:08 pm

I have recently noticed a loss of sensation in the skin on my penis, scrotum, and nipples. Most of the skin feels like it has been numbed with novacaine. There are a few areas of skin that have retained their sensitivity, in fact some areas are overly sensitive. I am still able to have an erection and ejaculate--I believe I reach ejaculation too quickly. I am 25. I am not taking any medication. The most severe medical condition I have is that I was diagnosed with gout five years ago. Through a more balanced diet I have not had any issues with my gout. I have never had sex and I have even abstained from masturbation for over the last three months, with no improvement in sensitivity. When I masturbated before, I never exceeded once per day.
What could be the cause of this lack of sensitivity? Could it be from being too rough during masturbation?
What can I do to fix this?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:33 am

User avatar Hello,erotic feelings involve many factors the first the brain,visual,auditory and tactile stimuli and an orchestration of all these in eliciting a response.Do a light touch on your self and compare it to your girl friend or wife doing it to you.There ought to be a difference unless there is something very wrong.No?Thus you do not feel the dress you are wearing because, the Meissner corpucles that are the main receptors do not respond to continued stimuli.Introduce a new stimulus on top of the cloth you feel the tickle.My impression i that you are overstimulating the zones just to elicit a response and getting worried.Let go for some time and concentrate on work outs and other outdoor activiies.Soon you will find your self responding.Ok?
 dataha259 - Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.
I don't seem to have any trouble responding to erotic stimuli, I just seem to have no feeling of light touch on the surface of the skin in those areas. I used to have feeling there and I don't know when it went away, I only noticed it a few months ago. I fear that perhaps the nerve endings have been damaged somehow.
I have no trouble getting aroused when I view erotic stimuli, but I just can't feel light touches on most of the skin in those erogenous areas.
Will holding off and exercising, like you mentioned help fix this lack of sensitivity?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm

User avatar Hello,Yes indeed.Ithink you need to divert attention.Good wishes.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:40 am

User avatar Hi dataha259,
If the sensations in these so called 'erogenous zones' has to blunt all at once, anatomically speaking, the following nerves have to be affected simulteneously....
- the 5th and 6th intercostal nerves (spinal cord segments D5 & D6) which supply the nipples,
- the dorsal nerves of the penis(segments S 2,3 & 4),
- the perineal nerves(S2,3 & 4) which supply most of the scrotum and
- ilio-inguinal nerves (segment L1) which supply root of the scrotum.
It is far-fetched to think of an organic disease which selectively affects these spinal segments.
There are however, some diseases that can affect the penile skin, scrotal skin or the nipple-areola complex (but, mostly not affecting simulteneously)...
- eczemas
- sebeceous cysts
- pilonidal sinuses etc.

I fully agree with the advice of Dr.Jagesh kamath.
Good luck to you!

-