Question: What are the bad effects of Masturbating regularly.

rajaram - Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 am

Hi I am just 17 years old and my problem is with my habit of masturbation.

I have been masturbating for the last four years or so regularly (once a day at least).
I fear that this frequent masturbation could lead me into some serious sexual disorders but even after trying many times to avoid it I have not succeeded to give it up. Also I play some porn while masturbating and its now developed into a habit and I can resist no matter how much I try to sustain myself from all these.

I would like to know if masturbation really poses any health risks of nay sort. I have come across several sites which say that frequent masturbation can lead to memory loss and also one would not get pleasure in actual sex, and all these have really made me worried about this issue. And by any means I want to get rid of my habit of watching porn. Please give me some advice.

Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:51 am

User avatar Hello,There is no reason to believe that masturbation leads to memory loss or general weakness.This is totally normal,and a safe sexual activity.Of course you should not get glued to the porn sites,take masturbation as a risk free sexual activity.Divert your mind to various other ways like exercise,out door activities,and friendship.When you feel like having go ahead but like all activities moderation is the key.Cheers.