Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Retrograde ejaculation?

db1295 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 pm

I have never formally been diagnosed with retrograde ejaculation, it seems to be the obvious choice considering that I had a right nephrectomy at age 5 followed by radiation and chemo due to a Wilms Tumor. Since puberty, I have always had a small or no release of semen during ejaculation. Although, while experimenting in my early 20's, I noticed that cocaine use increased the amount of disharge. Why would this be?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 am

User avatar Hi,

Perhaps the most commonly described effect of cocaine on sexual function in males is delayed or inhibited ejaculation.

In some experimental studies on rats,stimulatory effects such as increased erections and ejaculations have been observed.

But, please be aware that inter- species differences exist in way drugs act (pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics).

Problem is, that at times people get carried away by studies in rats and start their own trials!!
Good day!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us