Question: Bump on penis. Hurts!!

Chaosfalls - Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:00 am

2 days ago after i had sex i found a pimple like bump on my penis. I thought it was a pimple except for underneath the skin in the area around it, its feel hard and hurts to touch.I did what you would do with any other pimple and popped it. It popped like a normal pimple, a little bit of puss then it was good. The next day i checked it again and it was still there. So i tried popping it again and it did the same as the first time, a little more puss than last time but that was probably because i squeezed it a bit harder trying to get it all out. Now finally today im here because it is still in the same spot in the same condition. I tried popping it again today but only blood came out and its now more irritated and hurts from simply grazing my boxers. The skin underneath is still hard and the head is red and kind of shiny looking.

Im almost positive its not an STD because i had sex with the same partner who ive been having sex with for over 3 years and just recently had a military medical screening. Some people say it could have been the friction and just wait it out but im really concerned. So before i spend the money for a trip to the doctors i figured id ask here. If any doctors on here need a picture or any more information id be more than happy to oblige.

Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:28 pm

User avatar Hello,This looks like furuncle from what you describe after a minor trauma and secondarily infected by staphylococci,non STD of course.But then one has to bear in mind certain STDs which could present like this.Primary chancre is one such with a hard papule,mostly single and ulcerates.This has an incubation period of about 3 weeks during which time blood antibody tests are negative.The organisms are demonstrated with dark ground illumination studies by scaping the tissue and examining under microscope.There are other nonSTD conditions too which can present like this and with a likely diagnoisis of a furuncle,you would still need to get tested,just to be sure.Best wishes.