Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bump on penis. Hurts!!

 Chaosfalls - Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:00 am

2 days ago after i had sex i found a pimple like bump on my penis. I thought it was a pimple except for underneath the skin in the area around it, its feel hard and hurts to touch.I did what you would do with any other pimple and popped it. It popped like a normal pimple, a little bit of puss then it was good. The next day i checked it again and it was still there. So i tried popping it again and it did the same as the first time, a little more puss than last time but that was probably because i squeezed it a bit harder trying to get it all out. Now finally today im here because it is still in the same spot in the same condition. I tried popping it again today but only blood came out and its now more irritated and hurts from simply grazing my boxers. The skin underneath is still hard and the head is red and kind of shiny looking.

Im almost positive its not an STD because i had sex with the same partner who ive been having sex with for over 3 years and just recently had a military medical screening. Some people say it could have been the friction and just wait it out but im really concerned. So before i spend the money for a trip to the doctors i figured id ask here. If any doctors on here need a picture or any more information id be more than happy to oblige.

Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:28 pm

User avatar Hello,This looks like furuncle from what you describe after a minor trauma and secondarily infected by staphylococci,non STD of course.But then one has to bear in mind certain STDs which could present like this.Primary chancre is one such with a hard papule,mostly single and ulcerates.This has an incubation period of about 3 weeks during which time blood antibody tests are negative.The organisms are demonstrated with dark ground illumination studies by scaping the tissue and examining under microscope.There are other nonSTD conditions too which can present like this and with a likely diagnoisis of a furuncle,you would still need to get tested,just to be sure.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us