Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Conceiving After removal of iud coil

Xbabyx - Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm

I have had my iud coil taken out last month and i spotted for 3 days, im trying for a baby so as soon as the bleeding stopped i had sexual intercourse. but now im worried as i havent had a period and all pregnancy tests come back negative?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 pm

It can take your body a few months to get to a normal bleeding routine but it's nothing to worry about. It is possible to become pregnant right away, however, so if you suspect pregnancy, take a home urine test weekly as long as you are concerned. It is not necessary to have a period to become pregnant, though having one first helps you date the pregnancy. But, with ultrasound, it is possible to determine weeks' gestation even without that information.

Nothing here to worry about.

Best wishes and good luck in your efforts to conceive.