Question: Rectal Foreign Object, Discomfort and Worry

bluth - Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi, I'm John.

I'm a 22 year old male, and have an embarrassing and kind of disgusting question. Sorry for this. Sometimes I put things in my anus for erotic pleasure. This past time, I put smooth carrot up there. But, it may have been too large. I used a lot of lubrication, and I didn't force it in. But, since then, 10 days ago, I have had discomfort and slightly irregular bowel habits (although no severe diarrhea), with increased burping and the feeling and of air 'moving around' in my abdomen. However, I HAVE NOT had a fever, severe pain, or any bleeding in my stool, I also haven't had a distended belly. Also, there is definitely NOTHING still up there. So, I don't think I perforated anything. Should I go see a physician, or wait out some of the abdominal irritation? And, if I did go, what would they do to me with that information? Some of this I think may be from worry, and depression. Sorry again, and thanks very much for answering!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I suspect irritation is the problem and if you give it a rest for a while it will probably resolve. iI is also possible you could have a co-existing bowel problem even related to stress, anxiety and depression, so if you don't get relief with anti-gas medications or other tummy relief meds you should talk to a doctor - internal medicine, family practice, or GI specialist. You could have irritable bowel syndrome or something else going on. It does not sound like infection or any serious damage resulting from the foreign object.