Forum Name: Fertility

Question: morning after pill effectiveness

rihanna225 - Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 pm

i took norlevo about 5 hours after intercourse. i was supposed to get my periods 3 days after that but now it has been 5 days and still don't have it. could i be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 pm

There is a chance, since no birth control is 100% effective except abstinence but it is not likely based on the information provided here. I suspect your period has been affected by the high level of hormone in plan B and possibly stress. If your period does not start in a week or so, you could take a home pregnancy test for peace of mind. The hormones will not affect the results of the test.

rihanna225 - Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:39 am

thanks for that. it was delayed by stress. my period came just over a week after i took the pill.