Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump above clitoris just below pubic hair line

bake0190 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:37 am

Hey I'm 19 years old, I have a lump just under my public hair line and just about my clitoris. There is no head or anything on the lump, it is under the skin. At first it was a bit painful but now its not as painful, I was trying to squeeze it (thinking it may be a pimple?). Do to the squeezing it has grown a bit. It is more hard than soft. I just had sex the other night (Saturday), but did not use a condom for about 20 seconds, after that used one. I'm very worried it could be a STI or STD or something, but hopefully its just a cyst or pimple. Thankyou!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:20 pm

User avatar Hello,
This does not sound like an STD but more likely a cyst or infected gland. Give it time, use warm moist packs or sitz baths for comfort and avoid squeezing - tempting though it will be. Chances are it will resolve on its own but sometimes a doctor is needed to remove it.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us