Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penis erection

andrew444 - Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:45 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if any doctor can guide me to fixing my erection problems. I have been intimate with my girlfriend since about 6 months ago, and now suddenly, this past month, whenever I have an erection it immediatly goes down, comes back up and goes down, repeadity, making it impossible to be intimate her. Can any doctor or person tell me what's wrong? Thanks!
 Dean M. Mitchell - Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:25 pm

Dear andrew444,

I am sorry to hear about your erectile dysfunction. The Erectile dysfunction you describe can be due to more intercourse than you can handle or that you have relationship problems (attraction factor). But erection problems are common in adult men. In fact, almost all men experience occasional difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. In many cases, it is a temporary condition that will go away with little or no treatment.
I don't think its to be taken seriously as you are a young man. Ofthen older men experience such diffuculties due to high age which can result in some medical problems.
It can also be due to insufficient foreplay, try some fellatio (male oral sex) before the love act.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us