Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Sensitive testicles

 Bali Greg - Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:55 am

Hi, Originally I was diagnosed with a kidney infection and this was cured with a dose of anti biotics....however about a mnoth later my testicles began to ache and it hurt to urinate....I was dignosed with a urinary tract infection which was subsequently cured witha dose of antibitoics...BUT...5 months done the track, my testicles are still quite sensitve (some days more than others)....I had all the scans and tests done and there is nothing evli lurking down there, so the diagnosis was that I may have damaged some nerves in and around the testicles.

What is your opinion?

Could the cause be something still related to the kidney? Like kidney stones?

Help :P
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:52 pm

User avatar Hello,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

So to answer your question, yes it could be referred pain but if it hasn't cured by now then you should definitely get a second opinion.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us