Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: scared about pregnancy; have some questions

Anonymous - Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:23 pm

:?
um hi,
i am 16 and i have college very much so in my future cuse i am a junior in high school. i have been with this guy for a year today. well like a week ago we didn't have sex but he put his penis in me for like a minute literally and then took it out and i'm kind of nervous about posibly being pregnant and i am not supposed to start my period untill next wendesday. he had put it in without protection but it was for a minute if that. i know it was sooo stupid and believe me we have both agreed that it will never happen again. but what do you think? do you think i could most likely be pregnant or just extremely paraniod? well being paraniod is good though cause it makes me not want to ever do this again cause i do not want to risk it ever again. and if i am i don't knwo what i will do. how much is obortion?

please someone help me!!
tENageRsept16

Anonymous - Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:47 pm

I was hoping someone could help me too... i'm 17 and i'm on birth control, but only for my bad periods not because i have sex...but i've been with this guy and he was dry at the time but he stuck his penis in me for like 7 sec...literally! and he only went in an inch maybe...and i'm worried...Could i get pregnant ???? PLEASE SOMEONE REPLY
 Anonymous - Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:48 pm

I'm not a doctor, however I have done some researching of my own...
Based on the information you provided.. tENageRsept16... the time period he is "in" you isn't important. The question is whether or not he ejaculated or "came" inside you. If he did, or had any on his genitals when he entered you.. it is possible that you are pregnant. If he did not however... no sperm to combine with your egg to form a pregancy or "fetus". If you find you are pregnant and seek to terminate it, consdier all your options very carefully. Abortion is not always the simplest answer, I can tell you that from personal experience. Health clinics have information on all options available unless certain procedures in your state are illegal. Don't freak out though, you're probably not pregnant. Take a deep breath and give yourself probably a week after you normally would start your period... then go get a test if you don't start.

Goldielocks... same info applies to you... time is of no importance when it comes to getting pregnant... if any ONE sperm gets inside your vagina... pregnancy is possible. It only takes one sperm to fertalize an egg and one ejaculation contains several hundred of them.

Use a condom even if you are on birth control. Birth control will prevent pregnancy 99.9% of the time BUT there is always the .1% chance you could get pregnant... and if you don't take birth control just right... at the same time everyday... and even antibiotics you take when you get sick can cancel out the effects of birth control...

I hope some of this information helps you...
Carrie D#23 y/o
 kristi - Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:14 am

I don't believe that you are pregnant because the guy has to be fully eroused to ejaculate and then there might be a chance that you are pregnant, but if not than you are not pregnant. When it comes to abortions they can be costly. it also depends on the what trimester your in and that determines how much the abortion is. If your in the early stages of preg. you can take the morning after pill, but you have to take it within 72 hours. FYI precum can get you pregnant. Always have a condom on hand. :D
 Kirsty_Oz - Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:08 am

tENageRsept16: if you choose to partake in sexual activities, ensure that ou have sufficient protection. 1 minute- 5; it doesnt matter; protection is required to prevent the transmission of STI's; and as kristi meantioned you can get pregnant from pre-cum (hence making the 'withdrawl method' an inadequate method for contraception.)
I know it is easier to say than do, but try not to stress at the moment; stress can delay your period!
If in doubt in regards to a possible pregnancy or planning to become sexually active; visit your doctor and discuss your options.

GoldieLocks: The only method of contraceptive that is 100% is abstenence! even the pill and condoms are just over 99%; still pretty good coverage though; if you decide to become sexually active, discuss with your partner combining two forms of birth control: pill and condoms. Keep in mind; the pill decreases your chance of getting pregnant but doesnt stop you contracting STI's

stay safe and always practice safe sex.
 BMR2003 - Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:44 pm

Today I had sex. The guy had a condom and everything, but when we finished he said he couldnt find the condom. When I later went upstairs, I found the condom still in me, with what looked like semen (white liquid stuff). I was still frightened so I took a baster and put some water up in my vagina, let it sit for 10-20 seconds and then "peed" it out. Is there still a chance for pregnancy or not?
 Gracie - Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:10 pm

USing a baster to put water inside you to "flush out" anything is a bad idea,. You actually push it father inside you that way, not to mention increase your chances of getting an infection.
 Samanthax3 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:24 pm

The other night I was at my boyfriends house. We went in his hot tub and he took his bathing suit off except I kept mine on. Things got a little heated and next thing I new I was straddling him so his penis was right near my vagina. I'm pretty sure he ejaculated but he was NOT inside of me. A few mintues after that he fingered me. Could I be pregnant even if his penis never entered me or touched my bare vagina?

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question but I'm only 15, my parents would kill me if I was pregnant and I'm paranoid as heck.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:53 am

User avatar It really concerns me that so many young women have sex before they know all the facts and are ready to accept the responsibility that comes along with having sex.
If sexual intercourse did not occur, that is, actual penetration of penis inside vagina, then pregnancy cannot occur.
If a man ejaculates, then inserts a finger inside of you, you cannot become pregnant.
the time that a penis is inside of the vagina has no bearing on the chances of becommign pregnant. 1 second, or 5 hours, that doesn't make a difference. The difference is is he ejaculated or not. Keep in mind that "precum" or a small amount of semen is usually expelled before actual ejaculation, and that small amount is enough to get pregnant. The only absolute way to ensure you do not become pregnant is abstinence.
If you choose to have sex, make sure you use a birth control method each and every time. A condom is the only way to protcet yourself from STDs.
If for some reason the condom broke, or slipped off, or you just did not use birth control, you can take an emergency contraceptive, that stop you from becomming pregnant, but that must be taken within 72 hours of sexual intercourse.
I hope this answers any questions. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them for you.
 Andrea359 - Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:37 pm

I am 15 and i was just wondering is it possible to be pregnant if my boyfriend masturbated and then fingered me because that was two months ago and i havn't had a period since?

Thanx
 age1188 - Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi my boyfriend and i had sex three times today and i was wondering.....could i get pregnant. I have been on the pill ( yasmin) for a year now and i take it around the same time every day. NOw the thing is he didnt have a condom all the three times and he pulled out but i am sure that he pred in me. What is the chance that i could become pregnant?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:00 pm

User avatar If you take the birth control pill as recommended, then the chance for pregnancy is small. Of course, nothing is 100 % gaurenteed, except abstinence.
 tonyia18 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:23 pm

Hello my name is tonyia believe me girls when i say this litsen, if you cant answer your own questions about how you can become pregnant than you should not be having sexual intercourse.. if you don't know about your own body how can you be taking risk to become pregnant or infected with a sexually transmitted diseace. i am saying this for your own good, you know why i know exactly what you are talking about i was 14 when i became pregnant with my son dominic he is now 3 and i am 18, and it is very hard rasing a child so young, you cant do any of the things you wish you could. i had to het a job when i was 16 and move out at 17, now i have the worries of making sure we have dinner and a place to lay are heads at night... and don't think you can depend on the governmet meaning welfare because they don't give you a pot to piss in..... even thought i don't know you i care about you. i grew up in a bad time and area and so are you, this world has changed..
girls just wait believe me it is so worth it......
tonyia
 tonyia18 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:47 pm

when sperm hits the air it dies, no you cant get pregnant by being fingered and haveing semen on his hand. and you usually don't become pregnant on birth control unless you are not taking it properly......... :o
 tonyia18 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:01 pm

:o ladies-THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT......ABORTION IS ONE THAT I DO NOT RECOMEND TO ANYONE, BUT ITS YOUR CHOICE YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE DECISION. THERE ALSO IS SOMETHING CALLED THE MORNING AFTER PILL WHICH I TRUELY DO NOT CONSIDER IT TERMANATION . YOU CAN GO THE DAY OR THE DAY AFTER HAVING INTERCOURSE ONLY TO GET THIS PILL .AND IT WILL STOP ANYTHING FROM PROGRESSING MEANING PREGNANCY, YOU CAN GET IT FROM YOUR LOCAL PLANNED PARENTHOOD, IF YOU don't KNOW WERE THE NEARIEST ONE TO YOU IS LOOK IT UP ONLINE....PLANNED PARENTHOOD.COM
YOU CAN ALSO CHOOSE ADOPTION, OR KEEPING THE BABY...
I WISH YOU LUCK WITH THE DECSION.
TONYIA
 tonyia18 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:17 pm

LADIES TRY NOT TO USE SUCH BIG WORDS MOST YOUNG LADIES don't EVEN KNOW THE TERM SEMEN..... THE HEALTH CLASSES ARE FAILING AT GIVING THE RIGHT INFORMATION TO TEENS, I KNOW IM 18 I REMEMBER HEALTH CLASS WELL. THIS IS WHAT THEY TEACH YOU, USE CONDOMS OR YOU CAN BECOME PREGNANT OR GET AN STD.
BUT THEY don't TEACH ENOUGH ABOUT OUR BODIES AND HOW THEY WORK.. I BELIEVE PARTLY ONE OF THE REASONS I BECAME PREGNANT AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE WAS LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, NOT BEING TOTALY STUPID, I MEAN NOT BEING TAUGH PROPERLY. WE NEED TO GET AND GIVE THE FACT, WE ARE GROWING UP IN A DIFFERENT SOCIETY THAN ARE ELDERS... LETS TEACH THE YOUNG AND MAKE THIS A BETTER WORLD, THERE ARE TO MANY YOUNG GIRLS SUFFERING FROM LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND LACK OF PARENTS .
 Tammy Terrill - Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:29 pm

I haven't seen my period since Oct. 16, 2005. In Oct. I had my period for 3 weeks, the first was brown discharge like the end of your period. The second light blood, and the third I only seen blood when I wipe. I was in a car accident in March and when I went to the hospital the nurse felt my stomach and said if I am not pregnant I have fibriods (never tested for it). The reason why I mention this is because maybe I do have fibriods and maybe this is why my period has not come. I took a home test and it came back negative (that was 1 and1/2 weeks ago). Here it is the end of December and still no period. can someone help me!!!!! My stomache seems to be getting bigger, I have been throwing up spit for the last 3 days, I am tired and eating more.
 Horses - Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:42 pm

a had safe sex over a month ago and i took a test and it said positive. Im only sixteen and have thought about it and want to have a abortion only problem is how to i ask a doctor when i phone to make a appointment? Will they tell my parents?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:59 pm

I would recommend you talk to your parents about this if you possibly can. I know it is difficult and only you know your parents but most often they love you enough to help you through even the bad times. Sometimes they are surprised or even shocked but they want what is best for you, except in rare cases.

You can contact any gynecologist or family planning clinic about this and they abide by state and federal laws that regulate abortion so it would depend on circumstances and state laws (if you are in the US), but most require parental notification or consent for a minor such as yourself. This is for your own protection since you are not of age to make such major decisions alone. Often extensive counseling is helpful so this will not become a cause for severe stress in the future. I would recommend this as well.

Let your parents help you with this problem.

angelbaby695 - Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 am

So, me & my husband haven't been using any form of protection (condoms,birth control,etc.) for the past 4 months and were quite sexually active. Most of the time he doesn't pull out and cums in me. Well i haven't gotten pregnant yet because i still get my periods and ive tooken tests. But The last time i was on my period (day 2 of it) we had sex and he came in me ( i was bleeding alot this period) i stopped bleeding completely well except a few spotting after that but it wasnt new blood. that was on Oct.15 and now its the 29. ive tooken pregnancy tests but theyve came up not pregnant. im really worried that im pregnant.. do you think i am? also i had a baby over a year ago if that makes a difference?

help?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Having sex while on your period is generally considered a "safe" time when you are very unlikely to be ovulating and therefore not likely to become pregnant. You will probably get your next period as expected and be reassured.

angelbaby695 - Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:52 am

thanks, well what are signs that you are pregnant?
i know ive had a kid before but i didnt know i was untill i was 3 months preg.
 angelbaby695 - Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 pm

okay well, i still havent gotten my period and im supose to any day now.
i know it possible to get pregnant on you period because thats what happend with my mother. also the cum can live inside you for about week so ya never know.
its jsut weird how a heavy period just stops all of a sudden. like i was saying weve been having unprotected sex for 4months and alot too.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:00 pm

User avatar Hi again,
The most typical sign of pregnancy is a missed period. Every woman varies beyond that - some have headaches, extreme fatigue or tender breasts due to the hormonal changes.

If you do not want to become pregnant, you should use contraception. Most fertile couples conceive within a year when not using any kind of birth control.