Question: Effects of Long Term Masterbation.

MCDUDE - Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:31 am

Hey, Im a 20 well about to be 20 Year old male. 6'3 In pretty good shape. Iv been Masterbatiing since i was atleast 14-15. Till now, I was wondering if there are any long term effects, or even effects of doing to to much. I kno its a healthy sexual act but over when over used is it harmful? Such as Impoiantce, Weak Or Short lasting Erections, Stamina, Premature Ejulaction, things of that sort. I read somewhere, in which case its prolly not ture that these things can happen or alrdy have to some whos done it this long. I am currently trying to stop and its going alrgiht, just donig it to see if i can, a "fast" if u wnaan call it lol. But when i do start again, are these possible side effects, if not wat are they? Thx in advance guys.
 Kathy C, RN - Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi McDude, Interesting question. I am of the opinion that masturbation is a healthy sexual release. I believe it may become harmful not physicially but emotionally\mentally if it becomes obsessive and inhibits normal human interaction and relationships. In other words if you would rather masturbate then go out with friends or your girlfriedn you may have a problem. Otherwise I would not worry about it.