Question: Mondor's disease

maggy91 - Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:18 am

Please, anybody help me! I am suffering from this rare condition since last year, but the episodes are very painful and almost continuous. Is there any treatment known. My pohysician prescrived me anti-histamine preparations, but he confessed that as it is not a common disorder, he does not exactly know what to do.

I have read some things about it. I am aware that it is not dangerous as the phlebitis resolves with time, but the episodes are too Often! I would be grateful if someone tell me what to do.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:08 pm

User avatar Hello, I know that you know what this is but for others that may read this I'll put a short description. Plus I can make sure we're talking about the same thing, is this what you have?

(NEJM) Mondor's disease is characterized by thrombophlebitis of the subcutaneous veins of the anterolateral thoracoabdominal wall. The condition is three times as frequent in women as in men and is usually benign and self-limited, although it has been associated with breast cancer.

Has your Doctor put you on any nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs? Either over-the-counter or prescription? If not, this may be what you need.