Forum Name: Fertility

Question: preg or not?

kristi - Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:28 am

I don't know if I'm preg or not because of this situation. My boyfriend was wearing a condom at the the time and he didn't know that the condom had slip off and the condom was in me. So he ejaculated some of it in me. Then when we got the condom out of me the condom was covered in his ejaculation. I don't know if any sperm got inside me, enough to get me pregnant. What should I do? :shock:
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:23 am

User avatar Hello Kristi,

During the pre-ejaculation stage there will be seminal fluid seeping from the tip of the penis and that fluid may contain sperm in it. Than, during the normal ejaculation there are hundreds of millions of sperms in the semen, some of this comes out prior to ejaculation also. Basically, you are never “safe” from those little guys without some type of protection.

Figure out when your last period was, how close to two weeks has it been? The closer it is to 14 days past your period the better it will be for you to become pregnant but if it's almost time for you to start or if you just ended one than the chances are less likely. This is based on a normal 28 day cycle.

Any time there is vaginal penetration without protection or contraceptives or if your protection fails, even for a moment, the chances of pregnancy is present. In the case you think you may be, here is this information:

Home Pregnancy tests, how do they work?
Home pregnancy urine tests measure hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) which is secreted by the fertilized egg when it implants into the lining of the uterus and starts forming its placenta. The fastest and most accurate test is a blood serum test, you can get them done by a Physician or Health Department. The hormone hCG will start getting into your bloodstream in about 1 week after fertilization and will double about every two days. The sensitivity levels will very depending upon the maker of the pregnancy test so the best time to test is about 1 week past the day the menstruation was expected. I know it’s hard to wait but the only 100% positive answer to the question “Am I pregnant” is time.

If you keep getting negative urine tests and still haven't started your cycle, go see your Physician and get checked right away. If your test comes up positive, go see your Physician or Midwife right away to start your prenatal care.