Forum Name: Fertility

Question: is it pilonidal cyst or pregnancy?

Bettie - Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:05 pm

I have been having vaginal bleeding during sex every time for the past three weeks. I am almost sure I am not pregnant. I am wondering if a pilonidal cyst can grow or spread to the vagina and cause such bleeding. I ask because the cyst has been more active in the past year than it has ever been in the four years I have been living with it and I have also been experiencing an extreme amount of acne in this area.
 Bettie - Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Sorry I forgot something. The reason I am curious if it might be the spotting that happens when an egg is fertilized is because I was supposed to have my period three weeks ago and I haven't had it yet. The only time I bleed is during sex and it is always a light brown.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Vaginal bleeding is not a sign of pregnancy. If it was due to pilonidal cyst I would think you would know that it was not from the vagina. I have never heard of one spreading as you describe.

It sounds like you need to see a health care provider to rule out other cysts or infections that might cause bleeding.