Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: small white dots on my labial minora?

 nightsky3 - Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 am

Hi due to mistakes i made i now have a labial minora and on them there are white dot on them.i'm kinda scared cause im only 13 and i don't want to tell my parents about it but i have no idea if their dangerous to my health or not.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 pm

User avatar Hello,
You did not indicate what the mistakes were that you made. Are you saying you have had intercourse? Are you worried about a sexually transmitted infection? If not, it is probably nothing to worry about and could be caused by yeast or some kind of dermatitis, but you would need to see a doctor to be sure. So, if it does not go away, schedule an appointment with a family doctor. It is wise to have periodic "well child" exams to discuss any needed immunizations and other health matters. You should be able to speak privately with the doctor, without your parents. A good doctor will allow for some private consultation time so any sexual concerns can come out without the presence of your parents. You might make the appointment and then ask to speak to the doctor's assistant and explain that you hope to have some private time, even if your parents are there. That way the staff can request the parents wait outside, rather than you being in the position of making that request. Ask that they make a note of it so when they call you back to see the doctor, they can ask your parents to wait for a bit.

I hope this works for you so you can be at ease about your normal sexual development. I could not begin to diagnose through this medium as it would be important for the doctor to actually see it and consider this with the rest of your medical history.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us