Forum Name: Fertility

Question: ovulation pains or something else?

klm - Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:09 am

I'm not sure if what i'm experiencing is just normal ovulation pains or something more. I get sharp pains and cramps in my lower abdomen around the time of ovulation which i've heard can happen to some women.
The part i'm unsure about is......if my blader becomes full the pain becomes alot worse and when i empty my blader at the start of emptying it hurts then subsides a little only to hurt real bad again as my bladder emptys. I also get sharp pains shoot through my anus when i sit down (this doesnt happen all the time just every now and then and only when i have the stomach pains)
Sometimes i can hardly stand up straight because the pain becomes worse if i try to straighten up.
I have always been a very healthy person but the last 12mths have seemed to have alot of health problems and have had to visit the doctor alot more than i'm used to.
I'm worried that he'll think i'm "making it up" by going to him for different things all the time especially when it's possibly normal symptoms.
If you could offer any advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated
 HeatherB - Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:07 am

Hi KLM

IT probably seems a long time ago that you sent the message on ovulatio pain, however recently I've been experiencing the same effect you mentioned in your post in april of last year. I wonder if you could provide some useful guidance on where to go need.

K