Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: pain in testicles

ihaveaquestion - Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:09 pm

ok, sometimes, when i wake up in the morning, my left testicle will hurt a lot. it will be very sensitive to touch and i can feel it as a steady ache for hours. it eventually goes away, but it's very painful when it's there. does anyone know why this happens? it probably occurs once a month or less. thanks.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:12 am

User avatar Hi ihaveaquestion,
There are many causes for testicular pain from an infection, injury, hernia, etc. During these episodes of occasional pain/discomfort have you participated in any activities that may have caused injury or experienced this after periods of heavy lifting? I would be inclined to consider the latter since the episodes of discomfort are infrequent. However, if you have not had a recent testicular exam I would suggest you have one to rule out any anomalies.
Sincerely,
Rndtj
 ihaveaquestion - Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 pm

thanks for the reply. no, i haven't done anything that would cause injury, nor have i done any heavy lifting. it just happens sometimes when i sleep. i can feel it in the night sometimes, and i know it's going to hurt in the morning, like something twists in there. i'm going to make a doctors appointment and get it checked out i guess. thanks.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us