Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: pain in testicles

ihaveaquestion - Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:09 pm

ok, sometimes, when i wake up in the morning, my left testicle will hurt a lot. it will be very sensitive to touch and i can feel it as a steady ache for hours. it eventually goes away, but it's very painful when it's there. does anyone know why this happens? it probably occurs once a month or less. thanks.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:12 am

User avatar Hi ihaveaquestion,
There are many causes for testicular pain from an infection, injury, hernia, etc. During these episodes of occasional pain/discomfort have you participated in any activities that may have caused injury or experienced this after periods of heavy lifting? I would be inclined to consider the latter since the episodes of discomfort are infrequent. However, if you have not had a recent testicular exam I would suggest you have one to rule out any anomalies.
Sincerely,
Rndtj
 ihaveaquestion - Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 pm

thanks for the reply. no, i haven't done anything that would cause injury, nor have i done any heavy lifting. it just happens sometimes when i sleep. i can feel it in the night sometimes, and i know it's going to hurt in the morning, like something twists in there. i'm going to make a doctors appointment and get it checked out i guess. thanks.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us