Question: pain in testicles

ihaveaquestion - Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:09 pm

ok, sometimes, when i wake up in the morning, my left testicle will hurt a lot. it will be very sensitive to touch and i can feel it as a steady ache for hours. it eventually goes away, but it's very painful when it's there. does anyone know why this happens? it probably occurs once a month or less. thanks.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:12 am

User avatar Hi ihaveaquestion,
There are many causes for testicular pain from an infection, injury, hernia, etc. During these episodes of occasional pain/discomfort have you participated in any activities that may have caused injury or experienced this after periods of heavy lifting? I would be inclined to consider the latter since the episodes of discomfort are infrequent. However, if you have not had a recent testicular exam I would suggest you have one to rule out any anomalies.
Rndtj
 ihaveaquestion - Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 pm

thanks for the reply. no, i haven't done anything that would cause injury, nor have i done any heavy lifting. it just happens sometimes when i sleep. i can feel it in the night sometimes, and i know it's going to hurt in the morning, like something twists in there. i'm going to make a doctors appointment and get it checked out i guess. thanks.