Question: off white ball (size of a marble) in my stool

hawaiian_ginger_23 - Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:11 pm

I had a bm and there was a whitish ball in it and i went over everything i ate and it couldnt of been anything i ate and when i flushed it floated what the heck could this be? I have family history of colon cancer. Could it be a polyp? I have always had pretty hard stools and always have to strain. Should i have a colonoscopy? i am 21 years of age.
thanks for your help
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:46 am

Have you started taking any new medications at all? There are new meds out that come in a pill form but the pill is actually like a little sponge and you pass the sponge part in your stool (the doctors forget to tell you this part) usually about 12 hours later. How about foods with seeds in them like okra? Usually a polyp will cause a secretion of mucus to be passed in the stool and will bleed easily, have you noticed either of these symptoms? You definately should schedule a doctor’s appointment with a Gastroenterologist if possible.
 hawaiian_ginger_23 - Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:53 pm

I am not on any meds and havent eaten anything different i donno its odd ill get a doctors appointment thanks