Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: off white ball (size of a marble) in my stool

hawaiian_ginger_23 - Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:11 pm

I had a bm and there was a whitish ball in it and i went over everything i ate and it couldnt of been anything i ate and when i flushed it floated what the heck could this be? I have family history of colon cancer. Could it be a polyp? I have always had pretty hard stools and always have to strain. Should i have a colonoscopy? i am 21 years of age.
thanks for your help
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:46 am

User avatar Hello,

Have you started taking any new medications at all? There are new meds out that come in a pill form but the pill is actually like a little sponge and you pass the sponge part in your stool (the doctors forget to tell you this part) usually about 12 hours later. How about foods with seeds in them like okra? Usually a polyp will cause a secretion of mucus to be passed in the stool and will bleed easily, have you noticed either of these symptoms? You definately should schedule a doctor’s appointment with a Gastroenterologist if possible.
 hawaiian_ginger_23 - Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:53 pm

I am not on any meds and havent eaten anything different i donno its odd ill get a doctors appointment thanks

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us