Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Puffy Nipples

JuliePhan04 - Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:52 pm

I am 19 years old and I have fairly small breasts (an A cup). I am not overweight (a tiny 97 lbs) but my nipples always seem to be puffy. Only when the weather is very cold does my nipples look normal. My breasts look pointy because of my nipples and I was wondering if there was anything I can do to fix this problem. Thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 01, 2005 2:17 am

User avatar Hi there,
From your description there probably is no problem to correct. Its normal for some females to have 'puffy' nipples. Even for some males! As you grow older your breasts shape and size may change. Obviously I am in no position to correctly assess your condition. I would recommend someone assess your condition. If there is no evidence of anything abnormal causing the swelling then you should learn to accept the way you look rather than how you should look according to what has been regarded as ideal or more fashionable. Plastic surgery remains a last resort. Whether or not your case deserves plastic surgery is something that is determined by your doctor.

Males who have puffy nipples are a different matter, however. There is another post that I have answered on the possible causes and cures for puffy nipples in males. You can view this post by clicking here!