Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: not ovulating

safi01 - Tue May 10, 2005 4:35 pm

Iam only 19, and have been married for two years now without concieving after going for blood tests at my GP's i was told that im not ovulating. This worries me a great deal. I have been referred to have a pelvic scan, and to see a fertility doctor. However the waiting lists on the NHS are so long that i will be waiting a good few months until i will be able to even speak to a doctor.
I married into an asian family and the pressure to concieve is great, i need someone to tell me what is going on and what can i do about it, i'm fairly certain that it would be the end of my marriage if i couldnt give me husband this he wants it so badly and i have no one to talk to about this worry i have. :cry: i want to know some of the reasons why i could not be ovulating and what i can do to make me ovulate.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed May 11, 2005 8:55 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
Did your physician give you any indication of what he/she thinks the problem is? Do you have a thyroid disorder, diabetes, overweight etc.? Was PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) discussed?
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 safi01 - Thu May 19, 2005 3:26 am

Nothing was mentioned at the time, iam about 5"4 and weight around 9 stone which iam told is fine for my height. i don't suffer from diabetes. I have heard of Polycystic ovaries, is it difficult to concieve? did i mention in my last scan that i was going to have a pelvic scan? what will that tell me?
thankyou very much for taking the time to reply to me!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu May 19, 2005 7:51 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
If PCOS is present the ovaries aren't functioning properly so yes it would be difficult to conceive. A pelvic ultrasound is used to identify anomalies of the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus etc.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us