Forum Name: Fertility

Question: not ovulating

safi01 - Tue May 10, 2005 4:35 pm

Iam only 19, and have been married for two years now without concieving after going for blood tests at my GP's i was told that im not ovulating. This worries me a great deal. I have been referred to have a pelvic scan, and to see a fertility doctor. However the waiting lists on the NHS are so long that i will be waiting a good few months until i will be able to even speak to a doctor.
I married into an asian family and the pressure to concieve is great, i need someone to tell me what is going on and what can i do about it, i'm fairly certain that it would be the end of my marriage if i couldnt give me husband this he wants it so badly and i have no one to talk to about this worry i have. :cry: i want to know some of the reasons why i could not be ovulating and what i can do to make me ovulate.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed May 11, 2005 8:55 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
Did your physician give you any indication of what he/she thinks the problem is? Do you have a thyroid disorder, diabetes, overweight etc.? Was PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) discussed?
 safi01 - Thu May 19, 2005 3:26 am

Nothing was mentioned at the time, iam about 5"4 and weight around 9 stone which iam told is fine for my height. i don't suffer from diabetes. I have heard of Polycystic ovaries, is it difficult to concieve? did i mention in my last scan that i was going to have a pelvic scan? what will that tell me?
thankyou very much for taking the time to reply to me!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu May 19, 2005 7:51 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
If PCOS is present the ovaries aren't functioning properly so yes it would be difficult to conceive. A pelvic ultrasound is used to identify anomalies of the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus etc.